My website is getting a makeover. This page has not yet received its new look. It shouldn’t be too long.
1. References. References in this website to legislative Acts & Regulations and other documents of
- the Australian Government, the Australian Parliament, Australian State and Territory Governments or Australian State and Territory Parliaments, and
- departments, instrumentalities, authorities, agencies and government-owned corporations of the Australian Government, the Australian Parliament, Australian State and Territory Governments or Australian State and Territory Parliaments,
are referred to or published in this website in good faith for the assistance of website visitors.
2. No reliance 1. Any person who wishes to rely on any of the terms of the legislative Acts & Regulations or other documents referred to or published in this website for any reason whatsoever is advised to check the relevant legislative Acts & Regulations and other documents with the appropriate department, instrumentality, authority, agency, government-owned corporation or with their local Member of Parliament or other appropriate professional adviser prior to taking the action under consideration.
3. No reliance 2. Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™ is not a solicitor, accountant, licensed financial adviser, licensed investment adviser, licensed securities dealer, licensed share broker or remisier. Accordingly, neither he, his officers, employees, advisers, agents, affiliates and representatives are engaged in the provision of legal advisory services, accounting advisory services, investment advisory services or taxation advisory services. Nothing in this website therefore constitutes legal, accounting, investment or taxation advice or should be relied upon or acted upon as legal, accounting, investment or taxation advice.
Information offered in good faith. Within that context, this website provides website visitors with information considered accurate and authoritative about the subject matter covered. Any information provided either in this website or provided directly to any person requesting information through this website, is given on the basis that while such information is offered in good faith, if such information is required to substantiate or validate a proposed course of action, the advice of an appropriate professional person competent to advise on the proposed course of action should be sought prior to the proposed action being taken. This information is therefore published on the understanding that Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™ is not engaged in rendering professional legal, accounting, investment or taxation services.
4. Three crucial imperatives. Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™, pursuant to Section 708 of the Australian Corporations Act 2001 and Class Order 02/273 issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), helps Clients to raise equity capital (investment) funds through the issue and sale of securities such as Ordinary Shares, Redeemable and/or Convertible Shares, promissory notes and the like. In assisting Clients to raise equity capital, Graham provides his Clients with three crucial imperatives:
- the ability to raise equity capital (investment) funds,
- the appropriate framework for doing so without breaching the Australian Corporations Act, and
- the opportunity to do so at modest cost; that is, without incurring the high costs associated with both the preparation of an expensive prospectus or product disclosure statement and the accompanying stock exchange float.
5. No guarantees. From time to time, Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™ may be retained by a company or entrepreneur to publish an Offer Information Statement in the form of a Class Order Compliant Document (COCOD) seeking equity capital through the sale and purchase of securities. In such situations, Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™, his officers, employees, advisers, agents, affiliates and representatives do not give any assurances, promises, undertakings or guarantees, express or implied, that investors will ultimately subscribe to such equity offers published with the objective of raising equity capital for a particular client company or entrepreneur.
6. No recommendations. Under ASIC Class Order 02/273, Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™, although helping his Clients to raise equity capital, is not permitted to make judgements on or provide recommendations to potential investors about the commercial viability of any particular company or business project for which securities are being offered for sale.
7. Business matchmaker. ASIC classifies Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™ as a ‘Business Introduction Service’ bringing companies with growth potential into contact with private investors, sophisticated investors and venture capital firms who wish to participate in investment opportunities with growth companies.
8. No third party representation. Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™, his officers, employees, advisers, agents, affiliates and representatives are not licensed as securities dealers, share brokers, remisiers, finance brokers, financial advisers, investment advisers or intermediaries to any established stock exchange or stock market. Therefore, they are not permitted to buy and sell securities as agents for third parties or on behalf of third parties except in accordance with the provisions of ASIC Class Order 02/273.
9. the 20/12 Rule. Pursuant to the terms of ASIC Class Order 02/273, Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™ cannot raise more than $AUD 5 million dollars in equity capital funds for a specific client from more than twenty private investors in any rolling twelve-month period. This reference to twenty private investors however does not include
- ‘sophisticated’ investors’ and ‘professional investors’ both of whom are defined in specific terms in the Corporations Act, 2001 and
- venture capital firms and private equity firms..
Consequently, there is no regulatory restriction on the amount of equity capital funds that Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™ can raise for client companies from sophisticated’ investors, professional investors, venture capital firms and private equity firms.
Chiron! the business doctor.™ ... relieves business pain!™.
- Telephone (International): 61 405 702 644
- Telephone (Australia): 0405 702 644
- Telephone (Skype): graham.segal1
- Web: https://chironthebusinessdoctor.com
- Email: email@example.com
© Graham Segal, Author. March 2013. All Rights Reserved
Creative Commons Licence:
This website and the associated webpages content are produced by Graham Segal trading as Chiron! the business doctor.™. They are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License based on Graham's work at https://chironthebusinessdoctor.com.